1,000% growth in 5 years – how has Roima done it?
Roima Intelligence Inc. has been on a very good growth path since a new chapter in the company’s life started in May 2014. That year, Korona Invest bought the majority ownership of the company called Delta Enterprise, which was to become what is called Roima Intelligence today.
In 2014, the company had a revenue of €2.9M with negative results. Now, in 2019, Roima is heading towards €32M+ revenue with almost 20% EBITDA. That means over 1,000% growth.
How is such phenomenal growth possible while increasing profitability at the same time? Let’s look at some of the main drivers/reasons behind Roima’s results:
- Well-thought business plan. This has been the foundation of our success, and throughout these years, the company has been able to focus on executing its plan instead of on adjusting it and/or on making major changes of direction and focus.
- Selected target customers have remained the same the whole time. The company has been focused on discrete manufacturing and fast-moving consumer goods industries, which has allowed us to constantly learn more about our customers and their needs and issues.
- Targeted acquisitions have been well thought out and have added value to our target industries and customers. Companies added to Roima have always been brought under the Roima brand and integrated into the company right away. Add-on companies have brought new technologies and solutions to the Roima portfolio based on our customer’s needs. All acquired technologies/functionalities have been based on the original ISA-95 mapping and customer need analysis.
- Great customers that have constant focus on keeping their manufacturing operations competitive: Valmet Automotive, Carrus Delta, Planmeca, Wipak, Fastems, and Marel Meat, to name but a few examples from our 300+ customers.
- Growth-minded ownership. First with Korona Invest and now for the past 1+ year with Intera Partners, we have had the majority ownership in very capable hands of growth-minded investors, who have also enabled the financing for the needed strategic acquisitions. On top of that, we have had an expanded program where a large number of key employees were allowed to invest in the company and become shareholders as well.
- Last but not least, all the great people working at Roima who have a true passion for helping their customers. We started in 2014 with just 30 employees, and today, there are almost 270 of us. Roimians (as Roima’s employees call themselves) are dedicated to their customers and proud of the results achieved together with them.
It has been great to be part of this journey for the past 5+ years and see the constant growth taking place. Roima is now in a better position than ever before, and there is no reason why the same kind of growth (or faster) would not continue. Roima and its customers and employees have exciting times ahead of them.
As before, Roima will continue to march forward, following its plans. One of the plans we made with our investors some years ago was to extend our top management capabilities. As part of that plan, I have the privilege of joining the Roima board of directors during the coming fall, as we bring in a new CEO to continue to steer Roima towards its goals.
Espoo July 16, 2019
Roima Intelligence Inc.